Friday, September 17, 2010

The Bang !!

Saw the much hyped 'Dabangg' which opened to full houses with a ‘D bang”. While walking through the movie, I had a justified grouse that the movie was not as good as the trailors had promised it to be-with its 'Kollywood styled stunts' and deadly dialogues.



The fact that the movie has raked in good returns in its first three days proves the importance and impact of good marketing and promotions. Buoyed by foot tapping numbers, the trailers for example promised more and much more wrt to the song picturization in the movie. One would have imagined the songs to contain more hilarity in actions and context and the new found quirkiness of Salman. As is the wont with Hindi movie promos, I expected the trailers to showcase some 2-3 of the numerous pithy yet laudable monologues from the actor. However, the movie contained the same 2-3 dialogues that one appreciated in the promos. Alas ! I was duped. To someone initiated to the works ahemm antics of Tamil superstar Rajnikant, the stunts showcased in Dabangg pales in significance. Rajnikant uses the entire Indian artillery to light up, kicks one guy whose reverberations lead to multiple deaths, finishes off villains at the same time as we homosapiens intake one molecule of oxygen. However, having watched Dabangg movie along with a true blue fan of the actor, I was forced to jump and shriek at every line mouthed by him.

The movie, however is a big hit -which makes me wonder whether my cinematic sensibilities are way different and vague from the usual cinema going fellas. This is probably the first time I ve thought about it-for I can be accused of liking the familial appeal of K3G, the now gone & then returned love story in KKHH, to mention two of the many.

It is another matter altogether that I visit theatres every Sundays. Armed with cheese popcorn and coke, it is not too difficult to breeze though a Hindi movie-for there would be numerous others who would be laughing and loathing at the movie along with yours truly.

This piece by no means is meant to be a critic of the movie. I happen to be too swayed by the public opinion to offer any!!

1 comment:

Pradeep sharma said...

Hi Dude!
how you are able to write with rich vocabulary? I am always sitting with dictionary to read your blogs. I am pradeep from new delhi. great writing boss! keep on writing!